Orientation program dates
All students must attend orientation to register for their first semester of classes. Your options will be noted in the Orientation Portal and are based on availability with your academic unit.
Your NSO confirmation page will indicate the date, time, and location of check-in.
Summer-start students will have a variety of dates to choose from, as early as the second week of May and throughout to the last option to begin a summer course in early July. You must attend an NSO program in order to begin your classes. Explore classes in each of those sessions on iGPS.
Fall-start students have June and July program dates, with very limited options in August, just before the start of the semester. The typical program is a two-day program on campus. Your program options will be outlined when you make a reservation in the Orientation Portal.
- International and transfer students have an exclusive option to attend orientation virtually during one week in June.
- Transfer students also have a couple of special options to attend a consolidated one-day program on campus.
Spring-start students will have orientation programs right before the spring semester begins.
Here are a few other things you need to know before arriving for your NSO program:
- Stay up-to-date on campus health and safety procedures related to COVID-19.
- Our in-person program does include a good amount of walking. Please provide details in your NSO reservation if you or your guest need physical accommodations.
- Bloomington is in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Review your NSO confirmation page for information regarding lodging, meals, parking, and more.
Prepare for advisingSee a sample schedule