The Hoosier Link Program is specifically tailored to help students stay in good standing and succeed.
Hoosier Link Expectations
Students participating in Hoosier Link are required to attend a summer orientation program at Ivy Tech. During this one day program, students will meet with an advisor and register for their first semester of classes. Parents/guardians are also invited to this program. Orientation will take place in June.
Students must enroll full time each semester at Ivy Tech. They are encouraged to take a course load that will give them the best opportunity for successfully transferring to IU Bloomington. All Hoosier Link students will enroll in 15 transferable hours as well as 1 non-transferable hour. This course is IVYT 110 and is required of all Hoosier Link students. Students must complete IVYT 110 with a C or higher to be considered for admission to IU. While the credit hour will not transfer, the letter grade achieved will be reflected in the first semester GPA and used when evaluating for a 3.0 GPA in Benchmark 1 and a 2.5 GPA in Benchmark 2.
Because Hoosier Link staff members encourage engagement with faculty and believe it to be an important contributor to student success, Hoosier Link students may not enroll in distance learning, Internet, or hybrid courses through Ivy Tech.
- Students who do not meet the academic standards will be placed on probation for one semester.
- Students who do not meet the disciplinary standards may be placed on probation or risk being dismissed from the program.
- Students who do not meet program benchmarks after the probationary semester will be dismissed from the program.
- Students who do not meet the first year residential living requirement will be dismissed from the program.
- The Hoosier Link guaranteed transfer is not applicable to students dismissed from the program for any reason.