Do something good for the community this Halloween.
Trick or Treat for Cans
IU Students are encouraged to take part in the University’s tradition of community involvement by joining FYE and the Friends of Hoosier Hills Food Bank in October 2014 for the Halloween canned food challenge! Trick or Treat for Cans is a fun way to celebrate Halloween while giving back to the community. In the past, IU students have helped to collect 2,046 pounds of food!
Join hundreds of IU students on Halloween!
- Put on an appropriate and fun costume!
- Check in at the FYE house (326 N. Jordan Ave.)
- Grab a Trick or Treat for Cans tote bag to collect food, join a group of students (or the friends you come with!) and student leaders, and take a bus to a Bloomington neighborhood where you will trick-or-treat for canned food!
- Afterwards, return to FYE house and fill a Hoosier Hills Food Bank truck with all of the food you’ve collected.
- At the end of the night, enjoy free pizza and an IU t-shirt as a thank you for volunteering!